Thursday 11 August 2022

New in the West Midlands (2022 Edition) Part 3: Perry Barr station

 Long overdue, the very grotty, in a cutting, Perry Barr station has been rebuilt. I quite like it.....

(these photos were taken before the Commonwealth Games, so pink signs, orange clad volunteers or Perry the Bull do not appear!)

Revolution at platform level. Clear, relatively wide, 4-car capable platforms in about the same location as the old ones.
Fantastic clear customer information display.  
Not an overly fancy design, in many ways totally functional.  
Walkway across the tracks (I think the main ticket hall, below, may be closed off at times so this is the main way across the station)
Simple ticket hall.  Unlike my review of Coventry, where I expected a bit more for a fully staffed city centre station, this type of local station needs simple clear lines, easy to maintain etc....
The external cladding is a rusty orange design.  Again I quite like it as a one-off.
The small ticket hall has two ticket machines (I forgot to see if they sold a useful range of local tickets) and clear departure screens.

No comments:

Post a Comment